EP 19. Neurodiversity As a Superpower with Callum McKirdy
This is, I feel, a very important episode to listen to for all those who truly want to be more inclusive in the workplace and harness the power of individuality.
I had the pleasure of talking with Callum McKirdy, a speaker, author, mentor and facilitator who is proudly dyslexic and ADHD-positive and specialises in workplace dynamics and behaviour. Callum has spent the past two decades assisting Australasian leaders and teams to leverage their uniqueness, championing organisations to think differently about different thinking.
It was such a great conversation that I learnt so much from, and I know it’s going to have a positive impact on you too, even if it’s just gaining a basic understanding of neurodivergence.
In this episode you will learn about:
- Callums own story with neurodivergence
- What neurodivergence actually is and the terms associated with it
- The stigma around different thinking and why this needs to change
- What benefits neurodivergent thinkers can bring to the workplace
- What neurodivergent traits you might recognise in yourself
- How to embrace and harness the power of your different thinking
- How leaders and managers can better understand and show up for the neurodivergent thinkers in their team
I’d love to know what you learnt from this episode and if there was anything that stood out for you about Neurodivergence. Send me a message on Instagram or LinkedIn.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to rate the podcast and leave a review on either Apple or Spotify. Your support here will help push the podcast to a wider audience and help even more confident professionals thrive in their careers and lives!
Connect with Tash